You are viewing this site in staging mode. Click in this bar to return to normal site.
Communication and Community Committee
Terms of Reference
- Make available to the parent body any statutory or legal documents required.
- Review the content of the school prospectus, for final approval by the governing body;
- Review the school’s admissions policy, which will include the admission criteria, for final approval by the governing body;
- Develop the school’s relationship with the local churches.
- Review the school’s charging policy.
- Work with the headteacher to promote the school in the community;
- Ensure that there are adequate opportunities for governors to meet parents.
- Review procedures for parents’ complaints;
- Establish and review guidelines for governors’ visits to school;
- Ensure that the timetable for the review of the admissions policy provides adequate time for the statutorily required annual consultation with the LA.
- Undertake annual review of school website (approved delegated responsibility at FGB 25.03.14)
- Ensure information published on the website includes Curriculum information. This is a LIVE document and the website must be updated as soon as possible after a change and at least annually. (Recommended delegated responsibility at FGB 27th November 2013)
- Register of pupils’ admissions to school – delegated responsibility of Headteacher but Comms responsible for review. (Recommended delegated responsibility at FGB 27th November 2013)