Supporting your child
As always, we appreciate offers of help in the classroom, so please speak to your child’s teacher if you are able to do this.
If you want to do more to support your child's learning, here are some ideas…
- Horrible Histories
- Time Team– Sutton Hoo Special (Available on Channel 4 Website)
- Horrible Histories (Cut-throat Celts, Rotten Romans, Smashing Saxons, Vicious Vikings)- Terry Deary
- How to Train your Dragon—Cressida Cowell
- Stories set in any of the time periods we are learning about
- Research Iron Age Britain, the Romans, the Anglo-Saxons and the Vikings.
- Involve your child in counting, shopping and cooking to help their mathematical skills develop in everyday activities.
- Visit Bignor Roman Villa and other areas of interest from this time period.
Homework will be set on Google Classroom and explained in class. Please check this every Wednesday. The children can request a homework book to work in if they prefer. They should bring this in to school each week. It is an expectation that all children complete homework tasks set. If you have any difficulties please speak with your child's class teacher.
Maths homework (via Google Classroom or online via My Maths)
English homework or Grammar Task (via Google Classroom)
Weekly spellings. There will be a quick, informal spelling check of these words every week.
Times tables - children are expected to practise these regularly via Times Table Rockstars, leading up to the times table check in the Summer Term.
Reading - children should be reading regularly and quizzing on Accelerated Reader (accessed via a link on the Broadwater website).