Supporting your child
As always, we appreciate offers of help in the classroom, so please speak to your child’s teacher if you are able to do this.
If you want to do more to support your child's learning, here are some ideas…
- Horrible Histories
- Time Team– Sutton Hoo Special (Available on Channel 4 Website)
- Horrible Histories (Cut-throat Celts, Rotten Romans, Smashing Saxons, Vicious Vikings)- Terry Deary
- How to Train your Dragon—Cressida Cowell
- Stories set in any of the time periods we are learning about
- Research Iron Age Britain, the Romans, the Anglo-Saxons and the Vikings.
- Involve your child in counting, shopping and cooking to help their mathematical skills develop in everyday activities.
- Visit Bignor Roman Villa and other areas of interest from this time period.
Homework will be set on Google Classroom and explained in class. Please check this every Wednesday. The children will be given a homework book to work in if they prefer. It is an expectation that all children complete homework tasks set. If you have any difficulties please speak with your child's class teacher.
Maths homework (either in Maths Homework books or online via My Maths)
English homework or Spelling and Grammar Task