Supporting Your Child
Come and help in the classroom. We would be delighted to see you; even it’s only half an hour in the mornings to support individual reading.
Please read with your child daily and play word games related to reading and spelling lists sent home.
If you want to do more, here are some ideas …
We read ‘Eddie’s Garden’ where Eddie asks his mum for his ‘own garden’. Can you plant, water and grow something from a seed?
- How many different fruit and vegetables can you identify in a supermarket? Which ones grow in the UK?
- Make a fruit salad
- Find out about plants at www.rhs.org.uk
- Do a bug hunt in your garden or local green space
- Learn some butterfly names Butterfly Identification Guide
- Jasper’s Beanstalk – Nick Butterworth
- The Tiny Seed – Eric Carle
- Non-fiction books about bugs
- Jack and the Beanstalk - How many different versions can you read?
- Supertato stories