Supporting Your Child
Come and help in the classroom. We would be delighted to see you; even it’s only half an hour in the mornings to support individual reading.
Please read with your child daily and play word games related to reading and spelling lists sent home.
If you want to do more, here are some ideas …
We read ‘Eddie’s Garden’ where Eddie asks his mum for his ‘own garden’. Can you help your child create their own garden? Together make a list of what you need, design how it will look and over the term work together on this exciting project. At the end of term we would love to see photos to share with the class.
Do Together... On the Computer
- Visit www.danthegardener.co.uk
- Investigate BBC Schools Science – growing plants.
- Find out about plants at www.rhs.org.uk
- Gardening basics: urbanext.illinois.edu/firstgarden/index.cfm
- Topmarks - Growing Plants
- Jasper’s Beanstalk – Nick Butterworth
- The Tiny Seed – Eric Carle
- Oliver’s Fruit Salad – Vivian French
- Jack and the Beanstalk - How many different versions can you read?
Chapter Book to read to your child
- Charlotte’s Web – E B White
- The Secret Garden – Frances Hodgson Burnett