Autumn Term - Footsteps through the Forest
To start our topic, we meet a woodland character who we find behind a magic door. This character introduces us to the changing of the seasons, other woodland animals and we meet Little Red Riding Hood. We explore lots of wonderful stories that provide us with opportunities to cook, create art and carry out science experiments. We investigate whether the Big Bad Wolf is really so Big and Bad? We also meet two characters from well known Julia Donaldson stories and explore the artwork of Andy Goldworthy.
Questions we'll be asking:
- How did Little Red Riding Hood use her senses?
- How will you create your woodland collage?
- Can you write your own retelling of Little Red Riding Hood?
- How do we make pancakes like Mr Wolf?
- What are the signs of autumn?
- How can we find out about owls?