Thank you for taking the time to look at our website and find out about Broadwater Church of England Primary School. The primary years of education are crucial to a child’s development. Here at Broadwater we believe firmly in developing each child in partnership with the parents, and fostering Christian principles. This website can only begin to give you an idea of what our school is like. We would be delighted to welcome you and your children to come and see us at work.
Jez Wong, Headteacher
Mission statement, Ethos and Values
Broadwater is a Christian school. We will enable children to become wise confident successful learners with the motivation skills and responsibility to make a positive difference in God's world.This mission statement is strongly encapsulated in our desire for all members of our school community to 'Love to Learn' as they 'Learn to Love'
Our school values are underpinned by Galatians 5:22: But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things! It is this fruit that, in partnership with parents we will instil in the children of the school. We will do this by:
- developing each child’s self-esteem and self-confidence
- providing an education based firmly on Christian faith and principles
- teaching children to respect, value and care for one another and make a positive contribution to the world they live in
- teaching children right from wrong
- developing qualities such as kindness, honesty, integrity, tolerance, harmony and humility
- providing opportunities to develop pupils’ knowledge, skills and understanding
- encouraging, understanding and supporting democracy
- demonstrating and model the qualities we value
- implementing our clear behaviour procedure which rewards good effort and behaviour as well as providing clear boundaries and appropriate sanctions
- providing a well-qualified, committed and effective staff who are keen to maximise children’s time in school for learning
In school life, this is demonstrated in the following ways:
- Incorporation into curriculum topics
- Circle time discussions
- Focus for assemblies
- Class and School Councils
- Child-led behaviour management.
- Charitable giving