Date posted: 11th July 2022
Start date: 1st January 2023 or Start of the Summer Term
Contract type: Full Time
Salary: Group 3, L16-L22, £61,166 - £70,745
Contract term: Permanent
With the departure of our Headteacher the Governors at Broadwater Church of England Primary School are looking for the right successor.
We seek an experienced, inspirational and enthusiastic committed Christian leader. The successful person will be motivated by the challenge of building on the excellence already achieved and further developing and improving the school.
- A happy, highly successful, Church of England primary school in Worthing which is a Voluntary-Aided two form entry school which encourages every child to reach their full potential, supported in an inclusive Christian community
- A whole child approach to learning - the children and their learning are at the heart of everything we do. They excel academically and enjoy a wide range of sporting, musical and cultural opportunities, learning tolerance, respect for difference, and the role they play in the wider community
- A successful platform to build on. Judged as Outstanding by Ofsted in 2011 and retained in 2018, and SIAMS in 2016.
The school’s values of love, compassion and respect underpin our work, interactions, and ambitions for the future.
We are looking for an outstanding leader:
- with an open approachable style, a demonstrable passion for the teaching of children in challenging and imaginative ways, along with kindness and a sense of fun and opportunity
- to promote resilience and optimise wellbeing throughout the entire school
- with strong strategic skills, who will inspire, encourage and further develop a loyal, talented and committed team of education professionals
- who will support and further develop our Christian ethos, working with the Diocese and our local clergy, building on positive, collaborative relationships across our local community
- with excellent communication skills using a variety of media to engage with all stakeholders
- with a commitment to build on our academic success and take excellence forward, and in parallel, continue developing plans for our school facilities to benefit both the children and our wider community
- with business skills and a strong understanding of school finances who can work with the School Business Manager and Governors in responding to, and operating within, the financial pressures schools across the country are facing
- with a proactive 'can do' approach to fundraising to support the Friends @ Broadwater (F@B) in their efforts to provide additional funds to help equip the school and enhance the children’s learning environment
This is an excellent opportunity for an aspirational person who will be able to demonstrate that they have the leadership ability, teaching experience, and values to work with us all to build on our successes.
Broadwater Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS, satisfactory references, proof of qualifications, medical declaration and proof of entitlement to work in the EU.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. For further information, or to arrange an informal visit to the school, please contact Mrs Barbara Taylor, Clerk to the Governors by email email@example.com
How to apply
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference 16393, by noon on Friday 16th September, 2022.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 28th and Thursday 29th September 2022.
Only applications received on the official form will be considered.